Goodhope's business plan requires a dedicated management function to centrally coordinate and manage Group activities in order to optimize performance and sustain growth.
The Group's response is a dedicated management arm that provides all common support functions centrally.
The benefits derived include:
- management synergies through the experience of managing different locations.
- economies of scale as the volumes under management increase.
- costs that are spread across a larger volume.
- minimal duplication of effort at individual units.
The responsibilities of the Management Arm:
- undertaking and coordinating all business segment expansion initiatives.
- facilitating centralized management and monitoring.
- ensuring functional level policies and procedures are common to all operating units.
Through painstaking care of minor details, precision monitoring, access to a wider talent pool, and a real aptitude for capitalizing on operational efficiencies and standardized processes, the Group is creating a template for operational excellence; ensuring that the highest levels of management expertise are available wherever they are required, whether managing an existing well established plantation, setting up and defining a new operation, or launching into a new business segment.